Reap the Wind Update

Hi everyone, this is an update on RTW. I’d hoped to have a new pub date for you by now, but I don’t, mainly because we’re still discussing what to do with this monster. Basically, it tells a great story, but not in a small space. So far, it’s roughly double the length of an average book, so the question is whether to try to cut it down to something like Fury’s Kiss size or less, or to publish it as two books. As soon as a decision has been made, I will be sure to post about it. Thank you.

13 Responses to Reap the Wind Update

• joules says:

I’ve been eagerly awaiting news of RTW since September and at the mention of monster, my excitement level has risen … I can’t wait to get my paws on it.

• varouch says:

I’d like the third possibility – publish the whole monster. 🙂 If there were two books it will be more expensive for me as an buyer and it will take longer because nobody will publish it both together – therefore this possibility sucks. And cut it down? Hell no! I love your style of writing, your imagination and wits. Cutting it down would be shame.

P.S.: Excuse my bad english it’s not my native language but I learn a lot with your books. Thanks for that.

• cukes says:

cutting!? *Gasp* oh the horror!!!! …..So. my vote is for 2 books. Or any action that involves keeping as much of your writing intact and shared with your adoring frenzied fandom. Hope alls going well on the writing front, and well, everywhere for ya. Your writing brings me so much joy, happiness and delight. There are no words…. Thank you!!!!!

• Maggie01 says:

Two books! I love your writing, and the idea of you cutting down gold and trying to fit it into one book pains me. Though if you wanted to publish it as one big monster, all the better!

• teadragon says:

I’m with the person with the 3rd option. Give me my door stopper book. I’m good with that, it gives the purse a nice heft.

• tmhess24 says:

Please don’t cut anything! Two books or one giant one works for me! It would be tragic if you have to cut something just because it’s “too many words”. I’m always looking for more of your writing and find myself rereading your books more than every other author, so more is more!

• barbie doll says:

I would absolutely love one monster as your books always end too soon but only if you cut nothing, otherwise two books would be OK

• NicEssus says:

I would like to share my view. As an avid reader of your books I must admit that it pains me to think that you would whittle down a book to make it fit into a “standard” size. I would prefer one big “Monster” book to enjoy. However, if the publisher is truely worried about size/price/shelf space then 2 books would work. Possibly to be published at the same time?
    I would like to point out that there have been many “Monster” books printed over the years. Recent titles that come to mind are “Under the Dome”, “The Stand” unabridged, both by Stephen King and The Lord of the Rings books. The list goes on. It really comes down to the story.
    I am sure your fans would prefer the long, monster, unabridged or cut version. . . I know I would.

• admin says:

All of the book you mention were originally published in hardback. When you have a huge audience, you have a lot more influence with publishers over how the book is presented. Mass market paperback originals, on the other hand, don’t make as much for the publisher (especially these days with ebooks being priced as they are) and therefore the author has little say over what is done with them. I will post as soon as I hear back what Penguin wants to do. I have already told them I am willing for the book to be published as one long version. But two books would likely mean more material gets included, so it’s a toss up.

• cindyp1976 says:

I would love 2 books I would hate if you cut the story

• marci says:

I LOVE your books! Would hate for anything to be cut.I guess the publisher would make more money if they did two books, so that’s OK. You are a heck of a storyteller, so don’t let anyone tell you what to write or how. Personally, I don’t want to see pictures of your characters, I have my own pictures in my mind, and they are pretty darn good! So I try to skip over that part on your site.

• Lady_e says:

2 books would not want to miss a thing !!

• Lisanm says:

I would prefer, it is at all possible, to publish it as one “monster” book. How about as a Trade Paperback? Surely the size should fit.